October 29, 2012

Chocolate-caramel Halloween cake



This was one of those days when if something can go wrong, it will.

On those days you should not bake cakes at all.
But I did do just that, as the chocolate-caramel sweets bought from a ferry trip lured me to try a chocolate-caramel cake.
Yet again there would have been ready-made (tested and proven) filling recipes, and I even went to the shops and bought the muscovado sugar needed in them. For some reason I decided once again to make my own version, so instead of the muscovado sugar I used caramel pudding (shop bought kids' dessert here in Finland) and the vanilla quark I had in my fridge. As well as these, I also put daim-flavoured hot chocolate powder into every part I thought it suited - which was almost every single part.
I don't yet know about the taste, as the cake won't be tested until tomorrow at work, but here's the recipe I used for this:


Base:

4            eggs
1,5 dl     caster sugar
1 dl        plain flour
1 dl        potato flour
1,5 tl      baking powder
2 rkl       daim-hot chocolate powder

(for moistening:  cold daim-hot chocolate)


Filling:

3           leaves of gelatin
2 rkl      water
100 g   vanilla quark
2,5 dl    double cream
120 g   caramel pudding
100 g   dumle chocolate (1 bar)


Butter cream:

125 g    margarine
30 g      daim-hot chocolate powder
220 g    icing sugar
2 rkl       milk



It's too late in the evening to write down the instructions, but I will add them later when I have more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment