July 23, 2013

Gelatin-free first birthday cake for a girl



This teddy bear seems to have
become my "signature" decoration :)


This sweet first birthday cake took its idea from this example cake, and as you can see, I didn't exactly let my imagination run wild with the implementation :)




This cake was requested with a gelatin-free strawberry filling, so I modified my usual strawberry filling by adding white chocolate to firm the filling up a bit..







Gelatin-free strawberry and white chocolate filling:
(for a ø20cm cake)

180 g         strawberry purée
90 g           vanilla flavoured quark
90 g           white chocolate
2 dl            double cream


Melt the chocolate in a microwave or on a double boiler and let it cool.
Mix the strawberry purée and vanilla quark together. Whip the cream in a separate bowl.

Add the slightly cooled chocolate into the strawberry-quark mix, and carefully fold in the whipped cream. Mix until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment