February 17, 2013

Angry Birds birthday cake



This weekend I've been busy baking, as I received two separate cake orders for the same weekend. The other one was a Christening cake picked up yesterday, and the other order was for a cake which would have three blue Angry Birds on top. I made a sketch of this cake too beforehand, even though there wasn't any need for a separate "approval" this time.



I heard a rumour that the birthday girl isn't a big fan of blowing out the candles (and had even once waited for all the candles to burn out), and the parents still wanted candles on the cake, so I thought in this case one candle is better than five.




The little birds were made out of sugar fondant in advance, as was the grass surrounding the cake (I was also invited to the party and I personally don't like thick layers of fondant on a cake, so that was one of the reasons I thought a separate grass layer was better. And it also brings some more 3D-effect on the cake). The stem of the candle I hid into a fondant-log, which also helps in keeping the candle upright.

The original plan...





CONGRATULATIONS IINA!

...and the finished cake


No comments:

Post a Comment